Thursday, July 23, 2009

Visitors...

This week is a week for visitors. I am getting a visit from an old friend Tammie. Tammie and I have been friends from when we were about 10 years old. She used to go to the dance studio that was at the house next to mine when I was a child. She also lived near my brother in laws parents and was friends with Laura, my brother in law's sister who is also a friend.
Tammie and I have been friends so long that we probably could do some damage if we sat down with the others families and let the stories fly!!! I do know that some of the things we did her parents would not approve of! Not that they were bad mind you, just things that they wouldn't have approved of back in the late 70's. For some reason I was always the smuggler. I would smuggle the liquor in because I had older siblings that would buy it for us. Now remember we thought buying an 8 pack of pony bottles and splitting it between 6 of us was doing something big!!! Now there was this big "Basketball team" sleep over where we bribed Tammies sister Terri not to tell on us! Or the day we went to the mall to shop and snuck into "Saturday Night Fever" at the movies because her parents wouldn't let her go to an "R" rated movie. Now compare that movie to the "R" rated movies of today and think about how crazy it is to be rated like that back then!!
Anyway.... I am looking forward to her arrival this weekend so that we can spend a little "girlfriend" time together. She has recently gone through some tough times in her life and needs a little get away. Glad to know she wants to do it with me.
I am sure we will spend our time sitting by the pool, going out on the boat or maybe just a spin on the jetski, but either way it will be fun.
There have been times when we haven't talked to each other for months but everytime we get on the phone we just pick up like we talked yesterday. It is so nice to have a great friend like that, where you don't have to put on or pretend anything with them.
I will get her to go to all the places my hubby doesn't like to go where the women are and maybe even plan a little spa day for us!!
What fun....... Have you a great friend like me?? Please let me know and tell me about her or him.
I will report on my visit with her next week.

2 comments:

  1. Hey sis you know my buddy... We all need to plan a trip to your place with our good friends and call it "Best Friend" week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that if you have one or two friends like this in your lifetime, you can consider yourself lucky. Most people don't have a person like this in their life and if you do, well, it's really something special. I'm happy that my sisters do. I don't, but maybe that friend is out there waiting for me somewhere...

    ReplyDelete