Monday, August 31, 2009

The Points Patrol

Aw the Points patrol is one of the names my son came up with about a year ago when he and I decided to do the Weight Watchers program on line. He would call and check to be sure that I was counting all of those nasty points you can run up in one day. He would be sure that we counted the salad dressing, mustard and mayonnaise we put on our sandwiches. Now, a year and a half later and many pounds and inches later we have learned how to count those points without the Weight Tracker and the points calculator.
About a month ago I decided I had a personal goal that I wanted to reach so I was talking to a friend who wanted to know how I was able to get so thin. I am not a good eater and hated most foods, but found that if I wanted to eat what I wanted I learned how to do it on Weight Watchers. I have improved my eating habits and eat a lot more fruits and veggies and chicken and turkey than I ever have. Somedays I feel like I am eating an entire head of lettuce. I dip my fork in dressing and eat and never ever pour anything on a salad. Its hard to learn to do but it works. Anyway.... back to my friend that wanted to learn so I always tell people that I never went to a weight watchers meeting but I did it all online. The only person you hurt if you don't do it right is yourself!!!
So, she started and in the evenings she goes out and walks and takes the time to look up the foods and so far she has lost about 12 lbs. She has struggled with dieting and I explained that its not a diet but a change of lifestyle and the way you look at food. Many people use food as a reward or a comfort, I like to think of it as something you need for the body to go. Going down a size in pants is my reward! Another girl I am friends with also wanted to learn so we went over things and she now is also on the "plan". She is out walking while her son is playing football instead of sitting in the stands chatting with moms. Actually she has recruited some other moms to walk with her. Its an easy hour and both mom and son get a chance to exercise. I like to go over and walk with her so we can catch up on our weeks and whats happening in our worlds. She has her own personal goals and hopes to be at the major one by the time her hubby returns in December.
My sister also has been doing the program now for about 2 weeks and I am not sure what her goal is but she is also doing quite well on it. I myself have been dropping gradually, but I am only looking at getting to my personal low and would like to be there by Christmas. Recommended loss on Weight Watchers is like 1-2 lbs a week. So by then I should be at maintenance on the plan.
So, I am going to try to do a weekly update for those who may want to know. If you want to get on board let me know,and I will try to be an inspiration to all that want help. Its a change of lifestyle and one that is good for all,
Let me know if you want some insight for joining this plan. Its easy just go to www.weightwatchers.com You can join online for a pretty inexpensive rate.
Until we all weigh in next week........

1 comment:

  1. I've been on the program two weeks, tomorrow and it's my weigh in day. I lost 2.1 last week and am looking forward to tomorrow to see what it is...any loss is a good one!! It's a great program and so easy to follow! I had home made mac and cheese last night and enjoyed every bite, and it wasn't a small serving! I just planned it into my day!! WW has MY vote!

    ReplyDelete