Sunday, November 1, 2009

Fall is here!

Many of you know that I am not a fan of cold weather! Well I guess I ought to give in and accept it because it is now feeling and looking like fall. My back yard has lots of palm trees and flowers and until now they have still looked very bright and blooming. The yard was cut on Friday and now it is covered with acorns and leaves and it seems to be a never ending battle.
Halloween was last night and we didn't have a single trick or treater at our door. We have a small neighborhood but I still thought someone would bring their kids by. Sawyer and I decorated a month ago with our scary pumpkins and spiders and all but nobody came by to appreciate them!! He and I went to the Trick or Treat under the Sea at the Aquarium in Pine Knoll shores the other night. It was fun!
November has arrived.... can you believe it? It was just a few weeks ago that we were donning our bathing suits and sun block to go out and enjoy the water. The last time I remember was when we saw a school of dolphins going by and it was beautiful to watch them. The spot fishermen that have a habit of occuppying the Intracoastal waterway in the fall and they have come and caught. The oyster season has arrived and one of our local restaurants T&W Oyster Bar has a great business this time of year. Seems as tho it was just June when we were in there celebrating my birthday!
In a few weeks we will be going to see my son Ryan and his wife in Houston for Thanksgiving and my Anniversary. I am excited to see them, as it has been almost a year. I love the area he lives in and am planning a few extra days to get a chance to see the state.
So, if you haven't had the chance to get out and enjoy the leaves changing and the smell of buring outside, take a minute and step outside your door and realize that Fall certainly has arrived!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment