Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Living on the Coast

I wanted to write something about the coast today, as we have finally seen the break of Spring here on the Crystal coast. This weekend starts the official "rental" season but it also brings back the locals too. When I refer to the locals I mean the people who own homes here on the island that come to open their doors for the first time since Thanksgiving. They come down, especially since we are supposed to get some 80 degree weather this weekend and break the winter seals off their windows. We also will have lots of vacationers from everywhere here to visit and check out our area. A lot of people who may be in the military and are to get transferred here to NC are coming with the kids to find a new home. I have a client that will be heading here from PA to look for a retirement house for years down the road.
I guess I will have to go to the grocery store before they get here and stock up, because that place will be packed starting Thursday night. I don't mind the traffic and the activity, because it won't be long before the days get short and we head back into winter again.
I am also planning a wedding for my daughter in July and so I am very excited that the sun is starting to shine and I can get my yard in shape for the outdoor wedding. We had a lot of snow this year and it really harmed the Palm trees in my yard. With the advice of my yard guy he believes by July they will be in full bloom and no remains of the strain will be visible to our guests.
In addition to that I will also have all of my family here in one place at one time. This will be a first as my step-sons have never met my sisters and brother. It may not be a big thing but trying to blend two adult families together can be stressful. Plus this is the big summer for my 50th birthday...
My son Pete is turning 30 and I am turning 50 so maybe we can have a big party for the two birthdays.
The waterslide will be opening soon and the bumper boats and mini golf have cleaned the winter soil off their seats so they are ready to go. I noticed the other day that Frans Beachwear and the Island Golf have opened as well. All is good, the weather is warm, people are appearing and living on the coast is good.
Full moon was last night an driving over the Emerald Isle Bridge was a beautiful sight as the moon in all of its glory was shimmering over the Bogue Sound with a glow!!
Whatever you may be doing for your Easter holiday, please remember the supreme sacrifice that Jesus Christ has given for you. Get yourself to church, anywhere, somewhere, just get there and celebrate what blessings you have!!! Happy Easter,

No comments:

Post a Comment