Sunday, March 7, 2010

Oscar night!

Oscar? Why do they call it Oscar?? I guess I ought to google that answer and see why it is they call it by that name. Why not the Fred or the Ralph, but no its Oscar!!!
I find it amazing that these people you never really have heard of become experts on dresses, hair and tuxedo's. Ever since we were in Los Angeles and we went to the Kodak theater, I have been interested in the Oscar ceremonies. I guess cuz I can relate to where its all going on and the excitement.
I know that it really doesn't matter who wins, but with all the hype I guess you get drawn into the entire excitement. Not to mention a friend of mine is actually living in LA and is working the liquor table serving at the "Elton John Oscar Party." Oh yes, and I have asked her to please take just one shot for me to have to hold and forever keep that isn't a pic in a magazine. Many of you know Leslie Barclay who went to high school with me and was my partner in crime a lot of the time during the last 2 years in high school. We got up with each other on Facebook last year and when we went to Hawaii last summer we had dinner with her on Santa Monica pier. So, officially I have a "contact" in LA!!!
U will post the picture if she sends me one.
Again this weekend gave us another sneak peak of what we are longing for, warm weather. Yesterday as well as today the temps were above 60 degrees and we can expect to see more of it this week. Of course, there is probably another week or so of the cold stuff, but hopefully more warm will present itself than cold.
Also can you believe that daylight savings time is starting again next week? Already I asked??? Seems like we just turned then back on Halloween weekend. Kids are out playing soccer and baseball and before we know it we will be in full force of playing softball and boating on the weekends.
Its been kind of slow this winter so we havn't done the travelling as much as we had before in the winter but planning for a wedding can make things kind of tight!!
Never knew it would be so difficult to find the perfect "MOB" dress. Better known as Mother of the Bride dress. I have tried a few on but it just doesn't seem to look that good with a pale body and knee socks!!! Maybe I could get a spray tan and then start looking again!!!
I wonder how many people have thought about going on vacation this summer? Have you had a chance to check out our vacation rental properties??? Go to www.bluewatergmac.com and see what is avaiable. From all parts of the east coast we are less than one 8 hr trip away!!
If you know why they call it the Oscars, then leave me a note and let me know as well.

1 comment:

  1. The most popular story about the name’s origin involves then Academy librarian and future executive director, Margaret Herrick. The story goes that Herrick, upon seeing the statuette sitting on a table exclaimed “it looks just like my Uncle Oscar!” The name stuck and it has been called by that name ever since.

    There are other stories but this one is most common! And we don't watch it since we never saw even one of the movies competing!!

    ReplyDelete