Sunday, May 2, 2010

May......

The first of May better known as May Day has come and gone. Where did April go? I am not so sure what happened but we have been blessed with so many lovely days with a few chilly ones mixed in, but I believe that Spring is here to stay. We have enjoyed a beautiful weekend here in Coastal Carolina. After taking Sawyer to play his soccer game I went to lunch at the local Andy's. Andy's is a kind of 50-60's type restaurant in the Emerald Plantation that has the best Cheeseburgers and fries. Of course I have become a fan of the grilled chicken but even better than that they do the hand squeezed Lemonaide and Orangeaid. I again am good most of the time and choose a diet drink. Anyway.... it was wonderful of course. As things start to progress at the beach so does the Traffic. Did I say traffic? Yes, many of you live where there is a commute to work that involves that dreaded traffic. My thoughts of dealing with traffic is having to cross the two lane span bridge between the mainland (where I live) and the island (where I work). Of course when you least expect it there may be a wreck on that bridge. Most of the crashes are rear enders on the top of the bridge. This is because most people get up the speed to get up the bridge and start looking at the breathtaking view at the top and then "wham" someone in front of you slams on the breaks and "crunch" it happens. In an instant you have pushed about 3 people into each other and the view now is dollar signs!!! :( My daughter got a new car for her High school graduation and within a month she got into a fender bender on that bridge!! I remember the day, she called me and I was in another town shopping. My husband happened to be on the water under the bridge but neither of us could get to her there. Luckily it wasn't a bad accident but I am sure she is always more careful when she crosses that bridge.
When you head over that bridge, to see that view of the Intracoastal waterway, you know that you are going to experience a "little piece of heaven" when you get to that beach.
Truth be known, I can't tell you how long it has been since I actually went to the beach via the bridge. We usually take our boat out to one of the islands and park and relax. It's a different way of life to be able to go to one of the little islands and be on "Island time". If you ever get this way I will gladly take you out via boat or Jetski and show you the world from a different view.
I know my sister Jaye would love to get her hands on that Jet Ski we have outside and take it for a long ride. Maybe when she comes this summer she can do just that, I know she would love it. It is like riding a snowmobile on the water and it gives you the freedom to go and ride for hours. Of course with a couple of stops for some gas may be needed.
Today I sat out on my deck, got some sun and watched the grandsons Sawyer, Connor and Ben play in the pool. Oh to be 5-6 and 7 once again. Cannonballs galore!!! They had a blast. We picked two of them up on the boat and Sawyer had to help Pa drive. He is doing so much better this year. He has finally realized how to turn and not get to the shallow water. It's so cute to see him there on Pa's lap with his Sunglasses and ski vest, navigating the boat in the water! I can't imagine what my life would have been like without these little boys here playing swords and hide and seek.
Dinner tonight was at the famous T&W Oyster Bar. The popcorn shrimp is my favorite and we enjoyed the hushpuppies they have as well. Check them out on Facebook and stop in for some seafood as well as other features they offer. Its worth the trip!
I'm not sure but I believe the storms of this past weekend are suspected to come our way tomorrow, so I am sure that we will have to find some indoor things for the next few days. If we could have weekends like this every week, I will deal with the rain during the week with no complaints.
So, May is going to be busy and June too, then we have the Wedding in July and August school starts again...... maybe I will just think about this week now and the other things next week.
Happy Mothers day to those who are moms and if your mother is living with God then know she is looking down on you, knowing you appreciate what she gave you in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment