Monday, May 31, 2010

They're here!!!!

Yes, they are here and I couldn't be happier. The official start of the summer has begun on Emerald Isle and the Crystal Coast. It all started about Thursday night when the traffic started to back up and the lines were longer in the grocery store. By Saturday morning it was full blown and they were everywhere. It is a wonderful sight for us, being that we are in the Vacation Rental business.
Based on my info we had only 41 units of our 1000 not rented for the week coming. That is a goal for the company, to have nothing available!! Luckily there is something left for those who didn't make their plans until late.
After running errands and hanging around the house on Saturday, my daughter and her fiancee' came for the day on Sunday and we went out to the "little island" to hang. We found some old friends and caught up as well as catching many rays!! Many more than the sunscreen could handle. Needless to say the water stung a little when I got in the tub later. We celebrated my daughters birthday since we will be leaving on Saturday for our cruise.
Did I mention Cruise??? Yes, we are going on the Oasis of the Sea's. Royal Caribbeans newest 250,000 ton ship. I can't wait to spend 7 glorious days in the Western Caribbean with my hubby. This will be an experience, as this is the largest and newest ship that they have in the fleet. They launched it in December so we will certainly have a wonderful time.
Today Memorial day we didn't have any picnic but spent it with my son Pete and his girl Shannon. Again out on the boat hanging out on a sandbar just chillin. I love doing that and just catching up with whats going on. They both are military folks so it was nice to talk to them and see how work is going. Pete is getting ready to take his LSAT so he has been studying hard.
One other thing I was thinking about here on Memorial Day is his friends he lost in the Horn of Africa when they were deployed. They gave their lives for us to have the freedoms we have today. One of the friends was a Major from Hershey, PA just down the road from my home. He even shared a bag of Middleswarth Chips with him over there!! Brandon his other friend left behind 5 children and loving wife. I don't know where they are today, probably back in LA but I pray that they are doing well and pray to the Lord for their safety and that they have been able to move on with their lives. If you haven't prayed for our military families and service members please do so today.
One more thing that really irritated me today was that our President didn't think that is was important enough to be in attendance at the Memorial Day services in Washington, DC, at the Tomb of the Unknown soldier. Instead he spent the holiday with his family in Chicago and sent our VP to do the job. Wonder if he would send the VP to make major decisions about our country and our position in the war? I hate it that he just didn't think it was important. I don't remember as long as I can remember that the VP did that laying of the wreath instead of the President. Oh how times have changed in our world and the attitudes of people in office have now.
It makes me wonder what we have gotten ourselves into? (this can be a separate post in itself)
Either way, tomorrow is a new day..... I hope it will be sunny and our visitors will have a wonderful time here at our little piece of paradise. The weather report is for mixed skies, is it partly sunny or partly cloudy?? Guess it depends on whether or not the glass is half full or half empty?
Let me know your thoughts.....

No comments:

Post a Comment