Monday, January 10, 2011

Start of a new year...

January, its the beginning of a new calendar year, a time where we always decide to do new things maybe its an exercise program, stop smoking, eat better or love each other more. This year I decided not to make any resolutions but to just do things a bit differently this year.
I love working out so I am back on doing it a lot more often and more seriously. I went back on weight watchers again to lose another 10 lbs that I have needed to get off. I have kept the weight down but I also know if I don't monitor myself then I can go hog wild and eat a lot more than I need to, I baked a lot over the holiday so I had to also eat some of those things as well. I could skip the turkey and all the stuff they serve, I really would rather have the goodies and desserts. Hence the increased workout program.
Today we got a pretty good snowfall for eastern North Carolina. I don't know why but for some reason we have had way more than we have had in the other 28 years I have lived here in NC. Of course I haven't complained about it and I love to watch it fall. I need to go take some more pictures of it, because we never know when we it may never show up again. Until last yesr we hadn't seen any significant snowfall since 1989. My daughter Krista was 18 months old and now she is 23! Quite a long time between storms wouldn't you think?
Another thing I had this year was the 10 year colonoscopy viewing. For some reason (which I know is a necessity) it became "my time" for the big viewing!!! I tried not to complain about the absurd amount of liquid to drink and then followed by the numerous visits to the bathroom, but for some reason it also made me sicker than a dog. "Oh its so much better now, the doctor told me" oh like compared to what? I ended up throwing up probably 2 glasses of it. I was able to mix it with my favorite beverage, I chose diet lemonade from Chic Fil A. May not be able to drink that stuff anytime in the near future. Just doesn't taste that good coming back out thru the nose! Anyway..... I am good for another 10 years just so you know!
Just a thing to remember when you turn 50 you not only get hit on by the AARP to join their club, you also get the major screenings procedures in addition to that.
One of my new resolutions is to be more diligent on my blog posts!! Let me know how you like this one so far.

2 comments:

  1. Love your area of the country. Freddie and I decided that when we get money flowing in again we are going to buy a beach house on Emerald Isle so I love info and pictures. Beautiful beach and community!!!! So keep the information on my new favorite part of the world coming!
    Jaye

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading blogs and I love it when people read mine and comment (hint hint) so I know they've read it!! It makes it all worthwhile!! And if I ever get rid of the sun-related migraines, I might go back to wishing I could live in Beaufort for the rest of my days!! For now, I'll stay inside away from the sun. :( C

    ReplyDelete