Thursday, January 13, 2011

Some thoughts.....

A lot of things come to mind this evening that made me think I ought to blog about.......
I learned a long time ago that most people don't have a clue what is going on in your world, nor do they want to know unless its really juicy stuff they can tell others.
I follow a blog of a woman who has 6 children has been blogging for awhile sharing her stories about motherhood and childbearing. It is pretty funny, but lately hasn't been so. Her hubby left her and the 6 kids last year and has basically had no contact with the kids. This has effected the kids especially the older ones, to the point they have been hospitalized for depression issues. Yesterday, her ex let her know ( thru text message no less) that he was fired from his job. Bingo when you think nothing could get worse here is was for her. I am asking you to read her blog and do what you can to help. She just wrote a wonderfully funny book on childbirth and other funny things and you can help by purchasing her book (http://mom2my6pack.blogspot.com/). Even if you aren't going thru that part of your life anymore it still is very amusing and you will laugh and remember when you went thru those things, as well as helping out a mother who really needs it right now.
Another thing is that most of us are going thru very tough times with our economy the way it is. I am hoping that you will pray for all of those who have come upon tough times. You really never know what is happening in other peoples lives and be careful not to judge others because you really have no clue. I pray each and every day things will get better for this economy and that one way or another things improve for all of us.
Most of all try to stay positive and make a commitment to do something for someone else tomorrow other than yourself. Try not to judge others for doing or not doing what you think they should be doing. Start your day by thanking the good Lord you have a warm bed to sleep in, food in your stomach and for most of us a job to call our own. You are not alone when you feel that things aren't going as you would like, but for some reason we all have to go thru this together. You make a choice each day to either do what it takes to be happy that day or let yourself be depressed and sad.
I always look at things from the glass half full perspective. Be glad for the things you do have, instead of the things you wish you had or think you want.
I am glad that I am healthy, my husband has his health and all of my kids and grandkids are healthy. Yes, I like many have those aches and pains, but at least I can move, I can do and I can make a difference.
What are you going to do to be positive today??????

2 comments:

  1. Very well said! We all have no clue how another persons shoes fit until we try to put them on. J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good blog. Nicely done!! C

    ReplyDelete