Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tuesday........

A lot of things have been on my mind this past few days.
One that my wish for the snow certainly came true. Yes, it was beautiful and fell so much that we ended up with 7" on the ground. Of course there were others that didn't get any snow at all but we had our share I got to get more photos and just sat and watched. By Sunday morning it was melting off the roads and by that evening most roads were clear. So why does everyone get their panties in a wad when snow falls? I know I can't figure it out either except that it causes you to take a breather and it keeps you in one place for maybe 12 hours before the sun shines and it melts away.
Football was a big deal this past weekend. We all tuned in to see who was going to be i the Superbowl in a few weeks. This is the only time I really take an interest in the games, so we watched. I decided ( for lack of a better reason) to root for Pittsburgh, simply because it is the only team from Pennsylvania or any other state that I have ever lived. So, I guess I will watch in 2 weeks and pull for the Black and Gold.
Rain, is back yet again and like I said in my prior blog about Snow, it is already all gone so what little inconvenience it caused its gone already! But now its just chilly and raining, and not a pleasant day today.
Crud, another thing we haven't decided what exactly it is, but my hubby has it. Yes, if you remember when your children were about 3-4 and when they got sick how "needy" and "whiny" they were; Picture that but in a man!!! No, seriously he hasn't been too bad, but then again I had a class today that started at 8:30 so I had to get up and out early. Around here they are calling it the "Carteret Crud" which settles eventually in your chest with coughing and running nose. Yes, I have been steering clear, wiping everything down and not using the remote unless it is cleaned first. Earlier he was coughing without covering which is something that he hates when people do that. So, of course my standard comment when the kids do this is "cover your mouth". I got to tell him that and of course he said he was coughing in another direction!!! Pleeaassee!! Hopefully I will come out of this unscathed and he gets over it fast!!! If not I don't know what I will do

One thing I would like everyone to do is say a prayer tonight for three people I know.
1. My daughters Grandpa (my ex's dad) had surgery today to remove a blockage and I pray that he will be ok and will be out of the hospital tomorrow.
2.& 3. A friend of ours has a niece who was in desperate need of a kidney. He was a perfect match and tomorrow he will be donating one of his kidney's to this 6 year old niece. Pray that the operations go well for both Jamie and his niece and that it is successful, as this child has had to be on dialysis 15 hrs or so per day.
Talk about paying it forward....... need we say more.
Until later in the week, remember to do something nice for someone today and don't look for anything in return.

1 comment:

  1. I try to do something every day, if I can, for someone somehow. It's nice not to expect anything in return. Hope you stay healthy!! C

    ReplyDelete