Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Updates....

Oh my goodness, I haven't blogged in a long time. Don't know why but after my trip to Texas and the Rodeo I just haven't had a thought to write about. (or much time to do the blogging)
A lot has happened in the past two months.

The end of March brought a baby to us Bailee Kate was born on March 30.
It didn't take long for me to recall all of the long sleepless nights and being glad that she is only my granddaughter so I can still get a good nights sleep. It has been great to help out with her and have her visit us for a week.

After her week visit we had my grandson Sawyer here for a week. During that time my son and his girlfriend had to get their house ready for a move to California. After being here for all of his military career he is moving to Missouri for a new job. I am thrilled for him and thrilled for her. Its a new chapter in their lives.

My other son and his wife are planning for a baby shower in a few weeks so I have been out doing what all grandmothers do and I have been helping them supply the nursery!! (this is code for shopping!) I have so much fun finding the cute things for the little ones. Knowing that we are having another little girl in the family is wonderful. I have already booked my ticket and am ready to roll come the first of August.

Easter has come and gone and now Mothers day is this weekend. I was posting my moms picture on facebook today and realized that she had been gone for 42 years now. I can remember it like it was yesterday where I was, who was with me and the total fear I had in my mind when it happened. Maybe I will one day start writing a book about my experiences of growing up without parents and how scary it can be. To this day, I still feel like when things are going good that just around the corner is the one thing thats gonna knock me in the dirt again! (probably not. but when you've been there its always a thought)

It makes me proud that I am a mother to 3 wonderful kids with wonderful spouses (significant others) and soon I will watch them celebrate both Mothers Day and Fathers Day with their own children. I love them more than I can even explain and every day when I talk with them or send them a note or text, I try to let them know how important they are to me.
The only thing that would make things better is if they all could be here for Mothers Day. I know that isn't possible, but I do know that when I do get to spend time with each of them I try to make them feel important.

The pool is open and the boat is in the water, now all we need is some sunscreen and a new bathing suit!!! Soon we will be taking our trips out to the islands to enjoy the beauty of our area. Probably helping out our local dermatologist as well.
Remember if you haven't planned your vacation south yet, check out our area www.bluewaternc.com you will be glad you did.

Look forward to seeing you all at the beach soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment