Monday, June 8, 2009

Busy, doing what?

I realized today that it had been a week since I last posted something so I thought I must write something, even if it is quick.
This has been a busy week..... I am working with some people who are trying to get their loan finalized so we can close the deal. Many of you remember me talking about closings the other week. Well, I can honestly say that most of the reasons we can't get anything closed has nothing to do with the people wanting the loan. It is the people behind the scenes that control the lending and the evaluation process for the consumer.
If you watch the news they say "oh the market is good, there is plenty of money out there at good rates". Heck yeah! There are a lot of good mortgage companies out there wanting to lend money, but they want a first time home buyer to "jump through hoops" to get the money. This particular time its not the mortgage company but the appraiser. Of course, I got the draw of an unknown appraiser that was assigned to do the job. Nobody, and I mean nobody that I know in the business is aware of who this person is or where they came from, but that is not for us to decide. Anyway.... they were asked for more info and just said I gave you all I am going to do.
Well, anyway.... we are working again to get this to the closing table.
Be aware, if you are planning on buying a home in the near future, be sure you have cleaned up your credit. Get the bad stuff off right from the start. Most of all be sure that you have a down payment of at least 10% minimum. Mortgage companies have money to loan but they want you to put some substantial money up front to make it a good deal for all. Remember that you can qualify for an $8000.00 tax credit for first time home buyers. Check with your tax preparer or accountant for more information.
For now I will continue to work for my clients to get this moved to the closing table. Maybe the next time we will get some people on the appraisal side that want to help us out and get the right information the first time so we don't waste an additional month trying to get it done.
Until the next time........

No comments:

Post a Comment