Friday, June 19, 2009

June Birthdays

June Birthdays! Its one of those things when everyone and anyone in your life all have a birthday in the same month. It has been one of those months for me. It all started out with Krista my oldest having hers on June 4th, so of course that is in the middle of the week and she came home on the weekend and we celebrated. She is getting older now and doesn't care for cake so we just took her out for her birthday and went to the beach. Luckily for us it was a wonderful and warm weekend so we had a great time. Then on June 11th it was time for one of our grandsons Ben to have his 5th birthday. Again it was during the week so Saturday was the day of choice for the party. It was a pool party with 20 little 5 and 6 yr. olds with a cookout for the adults. A wonderful time.
This week was my oldest son Pete's birthday on the 17th again he didn't want a cake and even didn't want a dinner so it was pretty easy on that day. I think one evening we will go out and celebrate. This coming week is Alex (my son's wife )birthday on the 25th and then Anthony another son's on the 27th! So, maybe this week we will get a chance to eat some cake.
I love birthday's as I have always felt it is the one day you celebrate differently from everyone else. Its not Easter or Christmas its the celebration of your birth and of you!!!
So, ending the month will be my birthday on the 30th. My loving husband is taking me to Hawaii. So I will be celebrating for about a week!!! No better way to handle celebrating your birthday then to be on vacation. What do you think???
Now that I think about it there are about 5 more birthdays we have to celebrate in July too, so maybe this whole birthday thing isn't so bad.
I wanted to do a group party and do it all at once, but with schedules, it didn't work out again this year.
My plan for Christmas is for all of my kids and my husbands kids to take a cruise! Now that would be a blast. There are so many affordable cruises now and the way they have accomodations for kids makes it even better!!!
So, for now I think I am off to buy yet another birthday present, but I don't mind because I love shopping!!!
Maybe I can do a blog one of these days about the deals I find!!!
Stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment