Friday, February 25, 2011

FACETIME




Technology is something everyone is having to deal with each and every day. I have used a computer for many years and now I have not only one but two laptops, an Iphone 4 and 2 NOOK readers a regular one and a color one. I also have a digital camera, ipod and video recorder. It just keeps on going.....
One thing that has interested me is FACETIME. This is a feature on the new iPhone 4 by ATT. It is a great addition to the phone which enables you to be able to contact someone an talk to them and see them at the same time. Its kind of like Skype or video chat but you don't have to have those software types on your phone. ATT had this with the iphone4 when it was launched. You do have to be on a WiFi connection on both ends.
Recently my grandson came to visit and his mom gave him her old iphone with no Sim card. He had it and it was used for different applications he had added to it. He got me to give him one of my old iphones and his step dad sold it for us and got him a new ipod touch. The reason I am telling you this story is that now that he has the ipod touch he and I can FACETIME. No longer do I have to call his mom or step dad to get on their phone to talk to me. I just hit his name that says FACETIME and he answers. (This is if he has the ipod touch with him) Most of the time he does and it is so good to see his face. He can show me what he is doing, he can show me around his house or whatever he is doing. The one thing that he enjoys doing the most is showing me his mouth. For some reason he likes to show me his teeth and inside his nostrils. Kind of like in the picture attached. Last night I got to see the bottom of the couch as he decided it would be fun to talk to me when he is laying on the floor. He just shows me everything!!
So, I just watch him show me around the house and we get to catch up in person.
I love this feature on the phone that I am so happy that each of my kids or their spouses have one that they can call me on. It will be especially good when more grandkids arrive. But until then, I have Sawyer to show me around the house, up his nose or under his couch.
The one thing I do enjoy is the fact that I can see him every day and for him to see me, and we can talk about whatever we want for as long as we want. He even kisses me on the screen! But then again when you are as sweet as him, what can I say??
Now for those of you Droid users, I can't tell you what options are available on your phones but I do believe you can download this FACETIME application on the Droid as well.
For now we will continue to FACETIME with each other, until he gets to come and visit us next weekend. Then I can catch up on all of the kisses I missed from the screen.
How do you keep up with your loved ones?? I'd be interested to know...

No comments:

Post a Comment