Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday night sound out

I took that name from a friends blog. She does a little question and answer thing on Sunday's so I thought I would just use that for today's post.
Weekend weather was wonderful here in NC high yesterday was in the 70's. People were here either just getting out of the house or here to check out the beach. There is a place we go to on Saturday's for lunch called NIcky's and they offer outside seating, a lot of people were stopping in to eat on the deck. I still don't think its very warm outside so I just stayed inside this visit. If you haven't checked them out you need to stop by. They offer a great hamburger and my favorite is the hand cut fries. My husbands favorite is the clam chowder which offers a lot of clams in it.
Because it was nice we went on a little road trip to Greenville and met my daughter and son in law for an afternoon of shopping. I love to check out the new stuff for the spring and Greenville has plenty of stores to shop in. We went to Ann Taylor LOFT and of course I found a few things that I couldn't leave with out. Krista can't wait until the baby is born since she is not able to buy any of these pretty new things until the baby arrives.
Have you heard about FACETIME? if you haven't and you have kids or grandkids that don't live nearby you need to get it. I love Facetime. It is on the Iphone 4 which we have and it allows us to be able to talk and see each other on the phones. It also is a feature on the ipod touch so my grandson Sawyer has one of those. I can send him a call and he and I are able to talk to each other and see each other without having to go thru his mom's phone. Earlier he and his daddy called me. He was reading his library book and I was able to hear him reading and see him too. Now that is cool, something we can share with him living in Maryland.
His dad has been up visiting him this weekend and they went skiing today at Ski LIberty in Maryland.
Sawyer is such a good skiier and he and his dad did some black diamonds, white diamonds and even some mogals. He is such a fun kid to hang out with these days If you don't have or haven't seen facetime work you need to. Its a great way to be able to keep up with your family.
Another thing I found that is an app that you can download to the iphone 4 is called HeyTell. Hey Tell is an app that allows you to send voice messages, like a text message and talk back and forth. Maybe its kind of like push to talk communications. Its something you can use if you are on 3G or Edge or Wifi to talk instead of using cell service and you can talk instead of texting.
One of the other things I do for our company is to manage the cellular services so I am constantly investigating ways to make things work efficiently as well as saving money.
If you are an ATT customer you can now get an Iphone 3GS for $49.00 with a two year contract. Just thought I'd let you know.
Finally after an entire day of sitting on the couch and nursing this headache, I think its going away. It feels like an ear/sinus infection in the making that has kind of just hung on all day long. Hopefully tomorrow it will be gone and I will be able to get back to my nightly workouts. I just don't feel like doing that tonight. Plus I woke up at 4am and it was pounding then and it kept me up for awhile last night.
"They " say its supposed to be a high of 70 degrees but also a high wind warning, so it will never feel that high tomorrow. Then it is to go back to the 50's again. I just want to know who "they" are? Is "they" the weather people or the guy on the tv who says it will be warm and then it isn't. So, like everyone else I will dress accordingly and be unhappy when it gets chilly tomorrow or the next day.
I am just so thankful for the fact that I am healthy, and able to get out and enjoy all of the wonderful weather and things we have available to us here on the coast.
Have you registered for your free weekend yet? If you go to Bluewater Vacation Rentals on Facebook and register you can win a 2 day stay at the beach in March. Its easy all you have to do is like Bluewater Vacation Rentals. Don't delay do it today I think the contest will end soon.
So what will you do this week to help someone without wanting anything in return? Leave me a comment and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment