Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Business on the Beach

It was a busy weekend here at the beach, I believe it was good for all of the businesses. Because we are primarily a vacation destination for most people the majority of the businesses were glad to see the steady stream of traffic heading onto the island. Started Thursday night, loaded cars, SUV's with kids hanging out the windows and plenty of people in the grocery store. I did pass a funny car kind of like a Honda Accord with surfboards, strollers and coolers all strapped to the top of it. They were going to stay for awhile, the way it looked.
I don't think I have seen that much traffic in a long time around here. I left my house which is about a 5 minute walk to the grocery and Lowes Home Improvement store across the street and I had to weave thru a stand still line. I spent about 15 minutes there and came back and the same people were still sitting there. What a mess!

Memorial Day was beautiful so we put the boat in the water, loaded it up with the grill, a cooler and some food and set off to the islands. Being that we live here year round,locals have little islands that we can go to that the tourists don't, so its kind of a meeting place. Its great because there are kids and other adults to visit with. We had a great time getting out and enjoying the warm sun. I forgot to sunscreen parts of my body so I am dealing with sunburn this week!
Based on the amount of people in the stores and those on the streets tells me that it is going to be a good summer season. Remember to look our company up if you want to come to the area at www.bluewatergmac.com, we can help you out.

We love to share our beautiful location on the Crystal coast, we would enjoy having you come and see us at the beach. We appreciate the business.

No comments:

Post a Comment