Monday, May 18, 2009

Cold Monday Mornings

I am sure if you are on the East coast then you are experiencing what I am talking about, a Rainy, Cold, Dreary Monday morning. I knew it when the alarm went off, that when my little eyelids opened and I peeked at the transom above the window. There was no sunlight, just light and it was grey and cloudy!

Well at that point I decided I couldn't get myself back to sleep, so it was move on out into the wet world. Yes, of course along with the cloudy and wet it is also very chilly. I dressed and then after taking my grandson to school, I came home and re-dresseed, as I was way too under dressed for this weather.

Now, let me tell you that if you live in the north or even in the south it is expected to be rainy sometimes, but when you live at the beach, its is supposed to be warm this time of year and most of all sunny!!! NOT, today...... but maybe by the weekend.

Friday begins the "busy season" for us here on Emerald Isle. Everyone who owns a home will be here (unless its rented) and it will be crazy for the next 10 weeks. We love it because it is how we make our living. People will be everywhere and when you want to run out and get a bite for lunch or dinner you will have to plan it appropriately. The line at Rucker Johns, in Emerald Plaza will be out the door and the wait will be in excess of 30 minutes or a seat at Flipperz will take you a good 45 minutes to get. Patience is the key to getting that meal you really want.

Maybe by the end of the week I can get you some new pictures of the beach area. For now I will post my most favorite one from the concert I attended on Saturday with George Straight. Now some of you may ask George "who"? George is a country singer and he has had over 57 #1 hits in the country music genre. The concert was fabulous and like Springsteen, we knew all of his songs and the words!!!! He sang nothing that we didn't know!

So, back to work on this grey cloudy day, hopefully this has brought a little sunshine into your world today. Let me know your thoughts and we can discuss more topics this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment