Friday, May 15, 2009

This Weekend at the Beach!

Hopefully this weekend at the beach will be beautiful. For the last few days we have had the gray gloomy skies and thunder clouds all around. No serious rain but just enough to make it so you can't really enjoy being outside. Today started out kind of cloudy but as time has gone on it has warmed up and the sun is peeking through.
There are a few major events that are going on besides the weekly T-ball contest that Sawyer and his Mets will take part in on Saturday morning. Sawyer (my 5 year old grandson) plays or should I say he stands in the dirt and plays sometimes, and I help coach. When I signed him up I thought it would be fun for him to take part in a sport my children loved so much, he seems as tho he could take it or leave it. He doesn't know that he actually is rather good at playing. We all go out and watch and the kids have a good time throwing the ball and trying to catch it. I have enjoyed helping the little ones learn how to play, so it offers some rewards to me.

The Cherry Point Airshow is also going on this weekend. This is an annual event and this year they have changed around the performers, so maybe it will offer some new acts. For more information check out http://www.cherrypointairshow.com/. Because I lived in Havelock for 20 years this has become a yearly event for many people to attend. If you like aviation and like to watch different aircraft perform, this is the event you should seriously check into attending.

The event I know I am going to be attending is my first concert of the summer. I am sitting 6 rows off the stage for Country Great George Strait. George is a great singer and I had tickets to see him several years ago and he had to postpone the concert due to sickness. I have said that if he came close again, I was there ..... so, tomorrow I will be going to Raleigh to see him. I really enjoy his music and he has had so many big hits that I know the concert will be full of my favorites. Hopefully it won't rain this time, as many of the concerts get rained on because it is in an outdoor arena. Luckily, I have tickets under the pavillion so I should be safe!

For those who are planning on coming to the beach this next weekend for Memorial Day, you need to check out a few restaurants that I consider "must eat at" facilities. One is on Hwy 58 going towards Maysville, Riso's Restaurant. They offer an Italian style menu and have the best pizza in the area. They use fresh ingredients and the price is reasonable.
The other one I will mention is T&W Oyster Bar. After about a year under a different owner Earl Taylor has re opened the place. It is just like old times again! This year they are also doing all you can eat Crab legs on Monday and Tuesday, so if you are around, you need to check it out!
It is wonderful and you can sit there all night and eat if you would like!!!

I myself will be taking in a movie at the Cinema 16 this evening, so I have to go and see which one I haven't seen. The Soloist is a great movie, if you like movies that are based on real stories you need to see this one. My sister works with homeless people and after I saw it I realized this is what she deals with everyday! Check it out, its worth the money!!!
I will let you know how the weekend goes, let me know your thoughts by leaving a comment!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment